Hey everyone! This is my very first blog, which is so exciting for me! I wanted to share with you my journey in a cloud-based brokerage - EXP Realty. I have a lot of experience in academic writing,
Tips To Raise Your Credit Score
Buying a new home is an exciting time. It can also be stressful if you are unsure about your credit or know that your credit is not as high as you’d like it to be. Your credit score is one of the biggest factors in how much of a home loan you can qualify for and the interest rate you’ll pay. The good news is there are easy ways to increase your credit score. By following a few tips, you can make sure your report accurately reflects your use of credit and create a plan to improve your scores if necessary.
• Check for Errors - Errors on a credit report is very common. Make sure that everything is current and accurate.
• Pay Down Credit Card Debt – One of the easiest ways to boost your score is to lower your credit card balances. Aim to have no more than 50% of available credit in use.
• Remove Negative Accounts – If you have old collections or bad debt, negotiate with the creditor to pay some/all of the debt in exchange for removing the record.
• Keep Old Accounts Open – About 15% of your score has to do with how long you’ve had credit accounts.
• Pay on Time – This might sound simple, but always pay your bills on time.
Credit issues do not have to last forever. By understanding what affects your credit, you can make real changes which will increase your score.
If you are looking for help with your credit our credit advocate would be happy to assist you.
For more information and to know where you stand in order to map out a plan to purchase your home contact Carletha with eXp Realty by email at Carletha@CarlethaFrazier.com or call or text our 24 hour buyer line at 843-321-9317.
Carletha Frazier Singleton began in the Real estate industry in 2004, she is a licensed real estate broker in 2 states and holds a vast amount of knowledge and experience. She has managed apartment co....
Latest Blog Posts
We have many individuals purchasing property in this area because of the lower property taxes. I hear every day from my clients that the taxes here are so much lower